When your hot, is there any better food than a smoothie? It’s fruity, cool, filling, and it’s healthy, packed full of vitamins and fiber. It’s a great way to get more fruit and vegetables in your diet. And it offers the perfect venue for adding protein powder or tofu. Smoothies are a great solution when you’re on-the-go, just sipping on your back porch, or raising to your cheek when you’re having a hot flash. 🙂
Rich and creamy, I know this Triple Berry Tofu Smoothie will hit your sweet spot. The 4 ounces (1/2cup) of tofu provides 9 grams protein and over 15 mg of isoflavones. If you are a hot flash sufferer and wondering about the soy debate be sure to read my post on soy here.
Most smoothies need a little bit of liquid as an ingredient. This can be water, juice or nut milk. Depending on how sweet you like it, you can even use apple or other fruit juices. Add the liquid first. This will collect around the blades of your blender and help move around the other ingredients so that everything gets blended.
- 1 cup frozen berries, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries
- ½ very ripe banana, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup soft or silken tofu
- 1 cup vanilla soy or nut milk
- Optional: juice or honey to sweeten to your preference depending on how sweet your banana
- Add the liquid first, then the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- Taste and add sweetness if desired.