This is the first of my “Fresh 20” (www.thefresh20.com) inspired recipes and the second time in my life I’ve eaten hummus, except this time I actually liked it. I think the other hummus “incident” occurred when I was with a Heidi few years ago and she suggested I choke it down with some carrots. Just kidding, Heidi. As with all of the Fresh 20 inspired recipes, they are SIMPLE and quick. And, when I’m hungry and my hormones are wacked out of balance. . .I need food quick.
PS – Note I added a SMALL glop of fat-free sour cream on top of my delicious mound.
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and mashed
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded organic cheddar jack cheese
- as much lettuce as your heart desires
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay out the tortillas in a single layer on a baking sheet and proceed to spread 2 tablespoons of hummus on each tortilla, then 1/4 of the avocado mash (per tortilla).
- Top off with a layer of onion and 1/4 of the shredded cheese (per tortilla).
- Bake for 7-10 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and pile high with lettuce and tomatoes.
- Add a glop of fat-free sour cream (if you must)