I am in love with side dishes that include leafy greens. This is because I have a vegetable garden abounding with kale. I had a New Years Resolution this year to make this the best garden ever! Is twelve kale plants too many? LOL.
I may sound like an overachiever but I love kale so much. Health-wise its spinach on steroids. And kale is one of the easiest vegetables to grow. I grew my kale from starter packs in January and they are all still going strong providing many dishes for Eric and I. Kinda like a weed. The best part about kale is you cut a few leaves off for one meal and a few more grow back. It’s a never-ending giver! So I am always on the lookout for recipes where I can add a little kale here and there.
And this recipe hit the mark! Warm and crispy Yukon potatoes right from the oven, tossed with a lemony tahini dressing and fresh kale from the garden. I am in love with this recipe. Comfort food!
This recipe for Roasted Potato and Kale Salad stuck in my cooking repertoire for three reasons.
- It’s like two side dishes in one. Less cooking for me!
- Add a grilled steak or sauteed chicken breast and you have a delicious meal.
- The leftovers are awesome as a main dish for lunch the next day.
Warm Roasted Potato and Kale Salad
- 2 lbs. Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into bite size pieces
- ¼ cup + 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of kosher salt and pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- Juice of one lemon( 3- 4 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 bunch or 4 cups kale leaves, stems removed
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Toss potatoes slices with ¼ cup olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Spread potatoes evenly on a sheet pan and place in oven for 15 minutes. Stir and roast for 10 more minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or mini-food processor puree tahini, lemon juice, water and ½ teaspoon salt until smooth. Set aside.
- Slice kale with stems removed into very thin pieces and place in the salad serving bowl. Pour the remaining teaspoon of olive oil in your hands and massage the kale leaves until slightly limp.
- Toss the kale with the hot potatoes and add the tahini dressing.
285 calories, 15 g fat, 34 g carb, 6 g fiber, 7g protein, 230 mg sodium3.1https://bodyofeve.com/warm-roasted-potato-and-kale-salad/
So the next time you need a dish to go the extra mile, that is super easy to make and hits every taste bud– think warm Roasted Potato and Kale Salad.